Sunday, February 1, 2015

Do you consider your doodles art?




I have not, personally,  run in to many negative thoughts concerning Bible journaling.  However, I have read some comments from other journalers who have run in to some adversity.  One mom even asked fellow facebook journalers if it would be okay to let her daughter create art in her Bible just like her mom.
There is no right or wrong way to worship our God is there?  We are told in Colossians 3:17, "whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus."   We all have different ways to enjoy our time with the Lord.  As a mom, I also have many different obstacles in my schedule that prevent me from having a structured time to be with God. 
There are three girls and one boy in my care.  As parents, one of our mains goals is to nurture their spiritual growth.  Including my kids in Bible journaling and creating art is so much fun.  My girls, especially, love to draw, paint, and color.  Sitting around our craft table working together is precious to me.  Not only are they learning to color code their Bibles, but also a few Scriptures.
Children's Bibles are illustrated.  Many classical pieces of art are Biblically based.  What would this world be without inspiration?!  We marvel at Michaelangelo's beautiful murals at the Sistine Chapel.  Maybe, one day, our children will marvel at the insightfully beautiful drawing we made in our Bibles.  Go ahead, color in your Bibles. 

No comments:

Post a Comment