Sunday, January 4, 2015

A peek into my week

As a follower of Christ, I don't just go to church on Sunday and then lay it all aside til next week.  My hope and ambition is to constantly be in communion with my Savior and Father.
Romans 8:15 tells us that God is our Father.   If I want to have a healthy and close relationship with "My Father" then I need to talk with Him, be with Him, and get to know Him.  In order to do this I need to invest some time and effort into the relationship with my Heavenly Father.
There are days that I worship or commune with God in different ways.  As you know, I love to journal.  In my Bible, in a notebook, in an altered journal, or anywhere.  Then there is music.  My family and I love all kinds of Christian music and podcasts.  Of course, we listen to sermons at church, as well as, sermon podcasts throughout the week.  We read the Word most days.  Lastly, we try to serve in any way we are called.
Visual notes on Sunday SermonWith this in mind, I want to introduce a method to my madness.  My blog posts will, hopefully, spotlight one of these areas of worship. 
It would only be fitting if Sunday were a day of "Sermons."  For instance, this week's sermon brought a picture into my mind about Jesus standing on all the "stuff" we let control our lives instead of Him.  God is in control of it all, not the stuff of this world.  I didn't take many notes, but I think the visual note taking really helped to cement Phillippians 3:7-16 into my mind.  That and my pastors passion in reaching us with the message.
I hope you are off to a great start with your new year and are pressing on toward a goal that will bring glory to God and fullness to your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment